The gasoline testing kit includes UPS shipping to and from Blackstone Laboratories in Hazmat-certified containers. It also includes the following tests:
- Spectral exam
- Specific gravity
- % Alcohol
- Moisture testing
Note: Our gasoline testing cannot check the fuel’s octane rating.
Determine your fuel’s condition with our gas testing kit!
The kit includes UPS shipping to and from Blackstone Laboratories in Hazmat-certified containers. It also includes the following tests:
- Spectral exam – ideally nothing will be present but boron (a common gas additive).
- Specific gravity – we’ll tell you if the SG is in the correct range or not
- % Alcohol – most gas contains about 10% alcohol
- Insolubles – no solids should be present
- Moisture testing – no significant moisture should be present
Probably the #1 question we get with gas samples is whether it’s been contaminated by diesel fuel. The flash point test addresses this; if diesel is added to gas, it will raise the flashpoint. But it depends on the extent of the contamination – if a teaspoon is added, it won’t make much difference. If the entire tank is filled with diesel fuel when it should be gas, we’ll be able to tell.
Often people will see debris and want to know what it is. If the debris makes it into the sample bottle, we’ll quantify it if possible, but we probably won’t be able to tell you what it is or how it got there.
Note: We do not test octane ratings on gas samples.